From your second trimester onwards a properly designed maternity coat for winter weather is a must. A purpose-designed coat will keep you comfortable as well as allow you to show off your changing curves to their best. And, of course, being winter means your new coat or jacket needs to cope with everything mother nature can throw at you. When buying your new maternity coat for winter look for well thought through practical features such as generous hoods and long cuts to keep your bump and bottom warm as well as high quality materials suitable for your particular weather conditions.
ALL our maternity coats can be used for babywearing and long after your pregnancy making them great value for money.
Practical Features When Choosing Your New Maternity Coat for Winter
As mums ourselves we’ve taken our practical experiences and created high quality and stylish maternity coats and jackets that go beyond the basic features listed above.
- Material suitable for the range of weather conditions you are likely to encounter
- A long cut to keep your bump and bottom warm
- Long arms with cuffs – some models may have thumbholes
- A generous and adjustable hood
- Deep pockets to keep valuables safe
Almost all of Viva la Mama winter jackets and coats are designed so that you can wear them during your pregnancy and afterwards, either as a babywearing jacket or as a casual jacket or coat long after your baby is born. We have two methods for you to chose from to gain more width when you’re pregnant, depending on the model of the coat:
- Method one: you simply zip-in an insert
- Method two: you open a zipper on each side which opens up more fabric
The following photos show you the difference. Click on an image to enlarge it.
Every Viva la Mama maternity coat is made to our own, original design inspired by the practical experience of pregnant and new moms around the world. We offer:
Make your choice from the winter maternity coats listed above. Then venture out in all weathers safe in the knowledge that you won’t just keep snug and warm this winter, you’ll also be able to show off your baby bump in style and comfort.
- Large range of colors and patterns from which to chose
- High quality fabrics
- Longlasting quality
- Feminine looks
- Unique Viva la Mama designs
- Produced in small batches in the EU under fair conditions