Mothers have carried their babies throughout human history. It was the only way to get along while gathering food. In many countries and cultures baby carrying is still normal and practical. Mums have to work and care for other family members. And baby has to come along.
Babywearing has become very popular amongst modern parents. And for very good reasons. We show you why babywearing makes so much sense and how to make carrying your baby a comfortable experience for you both.
Why babywearing is good for your baby
We at Viva la Mama are all experienced mums and can confirm what experts and midwives say. Babywearing is good for your baby:
- Your baby is close to you.
- Your baby can feel you.
- Your baby can smell you.
- Your baby feels secure and therefore is much more relaxed.
While you are both so close you can talk to your baby about everything you see. Your baby hears your voice while you are filling the shopping trolley or are in the park watching the ducks. This helps your baby learning to talk, to „read“ your facial expression and body language.
Babywearing is beneficial for your baby‘s natural hip development. Baby thighs are around your body and the hips are bent with the knees a bit higher than the bum. This may lower the risk of hip dysplasia.
Bonding with your baby has never been easier. A few hours per day babywearing helps you and your partner to get to known your baby. You will be able to meet your baby‘s needs quicker which in return which dramatically reduces the amount your baby cries. Your baby is simply more content. And, of course a happy baby = happy parents.
Absolutely amazing! Great quality! What I like the most is that it’s long and has a string on the bottom so my baby’s feet are covered. Also I don’t need to wear scarf. It’s long enough to cover my neck! Overall love love love the product!
Darya M. USA
What do I need for babywearing?
At first you need a baby carrier system or baby sling. The choice is yours depending on your budget and preferences. Compare the systems, get advice and decide what is best for you and your circumstances.
Now, do you really need a special jacket while babywearing? We show you 4 good reasons why a babywearing jacket 3 in1 increases your and your baby‘s comfort during this special time together.
Four good reasons for getting a babywearing jacket
You may ask yourself whether it is worthwhile spending the money on a special babywearing jacket. Perhaps you think that the one jacket you‘ve got will do for the time being. Or you can borrow your partner‘s jacket.
We show you 4 good reasons why it is worthwhile having a babywearing jacket
- A baby carrying jacket fits you, guaranteed. No need to leave the jacket open. Less risk of catching a cold because the wind or rain got into your neck and front. No shivering when it suddenly rains, hails or snows. That means you can enjoy your walk with your baby whatever the weather.
- Our baby wearing jackets keep your baby warm and protected. Should your baby fall asleep during your walk, just take the jacket off when you are back at home while baby still sleeps in the carrier system or sling.
- We call most of our jackets 3 in 1 jackets. Because you can wear most of our babywearing jackets already during pregnancy. And, without baby you have a normal jacket which doesn‘t show its multiple functions. Money well spent.
- You two just look gorgeous in your kangaroo look!!! Practicality is great but you also want to look and feel good. With a babywearing jacket you show personality. And why not? You are doing a great job with your baby!
At Viva la Mama you will find a great variety of babywearing jackets to choose from. Stylish cuts, lovely colours and patterns. The high quality finish will guarantee you a longlasting jacket.
What I love about your jackets is the quality and the main idea of baby wearing but also that they stay useful post that stage by removing the baby panel.
Aine O. Eire
3 in1 babywearing jackets – which to choose?
Whether you are at home, out and about or on holiday you can carry your baby almost everywhere.
With the right jacket you don‘t need to fear the weather forcast.
At Viva la Mama you have a choice of different materials, cuts, colours and pattern for your ideal babywearing jacket.
3 in 1 jacket means
- You can be wear the jacket during pregnancy
- For carrying your baby at the front and/or back
(depending on the model)
- casual and stylish jacket/kangaroo hoodie/jumper
(without insert, depending on the model)
3 in 1 fleece jacket
Fleece is perfect for spring, cooler summer days, transition time in autumn and mild winter days. Snuggle up with your baby when out and about.
3 in 1 jacket sweatshirt material
You prefer the soft sweatshirt material? The choice is yours. Suitable for spring, summer and autumn and at home.
3 in 1 softshell jacket
Looking for an allrounder jacket? Softshell is the ideal material for active mums. Breathable, water resistant and windproof. Walking the dogs, hiking holidays, day to day use in changable weather – you and your baby are protected all year round.
How to wear a babywearing jacket?
Many parents have ask us how to wear the babywearing jackets? Which insert to put on? How does it work with the baby carrier system?
Watch one of our videos below and see an example of one of our 3-in-1 models (other models are available).
Need help to make a decision which babywearing jacket is best for you?
We at Viva la Mama know our jackets inside out. We aim to give you all information you need in our product descriptions and information pages. If you still need help, please ask us. Just write us a note here.
Your Viva la Mama team